MILAN - AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi
will be given a new contract for next season assuming he makes a
full recovery from a knee ligament injury, the Serie A leaders'
chief executive Adriano Galliani said on Thursday.
The 37-year-old is likely to miss the rest of this campaign
after suffering the injury last month and with his current deal
ending in June, fans feared they may have seen the last of crowd
"Inzaghi will absolutely stay at Milan next season, without
his goals we would not even be in Friday's Champions League last
16 draw," Galliani told Milan's TV channel.
"Pippo is sure he'll be able to come back and I'm certain
he'll manage it."
Barcelona's golden boy grabs the headlines again
It's Larsson Jr stealing the show these days
England striker puts pen to paper on permanent deal
The new season is but six weeks away (in the Football League)
Who would you rather have playing for your club?
12 months out, the stars look to the World Cup
Your questions answered by an A to Z of legends
75% of all TV is Bale
On the road to ruin
Adidas Nitrocharge for you
FourFourTwo is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media & FourFourTwo is part of Haymarket Sport
| International Licensing | © Haymarket Media Group 2010