Giuseppe Riso, a FIFA agent working as an intermediary in Carlos Tevez’s protracted move to AC Milan from Manchester City, insists no deal is in place yet.
The Italian giants have held an interest in the Argentine in recent weeks and are in the process of putting together a suitable package for the striker.
Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani confessed on Tuesday that terms had been agreed between the defending Serie A champions and the player, and that a proposed deal had been sent to City.
Riso, however, insists that while discussions regarding a potential agreement are ongoing, talks of an agreement are premature.
The FIFA agent admitted there were a number of issues still to resolved, with financial details yet to be discussed between Milan and City.
"At the moment there are no further developments," Riso told direttanews.it.
"There is no agreement with Manchester City. It is still in progress and there is a long way to go before it can be concluded.
"There is no news on the Argentine player or the economic issue between the two clubs."
The Rossoneri were hoping to take the 27-year-old on loan for the remainder of the season, with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.
By Ben McAleer
Former Chelsea and Liverpool boss poised to join Napoli, says Serie A club's president
Man City set next manager daunting task of winning five trophies in the next five years
Europa League winners in 2015 will qualify for the Champions League the following season
Berlin will stage Champions League final for the first time in 2015
Ten years on, the legends speak to FFT
Your questions answered by an A to Z of legends
75% of all TV is Bale
On the road to ruin
Nike CR7 IX for you
FourFourTwo is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media & FourFourTwo is part of Haymarket Sport
| International Licensing | © Haymarket Media Group 2010