A French judge has ruled that there are no grounds to prosecute Brazilian striker Brandao, who was under investigation for alleged rape, a judicial source said on Friday.
Saint-Etienne forward Brandao, then an Olympique Marseille player, had been accused by a 23-year old woman of raping her at a motorway rest area in Aix-en-Provence in March 2011.
"I am waiting to receive the reasoned decision to decide whether we appeal," Emmanuel Molina, the alleged victim's lawyer, told Reuters.
Brandao had been loaned to Brazil's Cruzeiro and then to Gremio last year before coming back to Marseille in January.
He was transferred to Saint-Etienne during the close season.
Pardew to report to returning ex-manager
Sub scores to make it three World Cups in a row
Three-year jail sentence a possibility
Principality project faces legal wrangles over exceptional circumstances
Who would you rather have playing for your club?
12 months out, the stars look to the World Cup
Your questions answered by an A to Z of legends
75% of all TV is Bale
On the road to ruin
Adidas Nitrocharge for you
FourFourTwo is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media & FourFourTwo is part of Haymarket Sport
| International Licensing | © Haymarket Media Group 2010