France midfielder Yann M'Vila is to appeal his ban from all national teams until June 2014 after an unauthorised night out while on Under-21 duty, the Stade Rennes player's lawyer said on Thursday.
"I've met him today at the club and we have decided to appeal," Thierry Fillion told Reuters.
"The appeal will be formal early next week once we have sent the official notification."
The sanction means the 22-year-old M'Vila, who has 22 caps and played three games for France at the Euro 2012 finals in June, will miss the 2014 World Cup if the team qualify.
M'Vila was one of five players summoned by the French football federation (FFF) after they spent a night in a Paris nightclub without permission between the two legs of a European Under-21 championship qualifying tie against Norway. France lost 5-4 on aggregate.
The four others - Chris Mavinga, Wissam Ben Yedder, Antoine Griezmann and Mbaye Niang - were suspended from all national teams until December 31 2013.
M'Vila had already received a warning from the FFF about his attitude while with the senior team at Euro 2012.
The FFF said last month that the Under-20 team would replace the Under-21s for their four friendly games this season given the incident.
Bayern fans snap up 45,000 tickets to watch Champions League final live at Allianz Arena
When Sir Alex wakes up on Monday morning without team to manage, he will not be putting his feet up
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder announces he will be retiring at the end of the current season
Record goal-scorer signs a one-year contract extension with Europa League winners Chelsea
Ten years on, the legends speak to FFT
Your questions answered by an A to Z of legends
He's here, he's there, he's...
The cost of Premier League away travel
Nike CR7 IX for you
FourFourTwo is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media & FourFourTwo is part of Haymarket Sport
| International Licensing | © Haymarket Media Group 2010