Paris Saint-Germain have ruled out a move for David Beckham after the former England midfielder announced he was leaving LA Galaxy after next month's Major League Cup final.
Beckham has said he has plenty of "exciting opportunities" to consider once his six-year playing career with the L.A Galaxy ends but PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti said the French club had no plans to open the cheque book for the 37-year-old.
"Beckham? We have not made an offer," Ancelotti was quoted as saying by sports daily L'Equipe on Wednesday. "We're done [recruiting]. Good luck to him for the future."
Sports director Leonardo echoed Ancelotti's view, saying: "There is nothing."
It was only in January that Beckham signed a new deal with the Galaxy but his departure, announced on Monday, paves the way for him to enjoy a last hurrah elsewhere while the Galaxy could take the chance to look for a new big name in his place.
Beckham had been strongly linked with a move to PSG last year before he decided to sign a new contract with the MLS club.
Pardew to report to returning ex-manager
Sub scores to make it three World Cups in a row
Three-year jail sentence a possibility
Principality project faces legal wrangles over exceptional circumstances
Who would you rather have playing for your club?
12 months out, the stars look to the World Cup
Your questions answered by an A to Z of legends
75% of all TV is Bale
On the road to ruin
Adidas Nitrocharge for you
FourFourTwo is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media & FourFourTwo is part of Haymarket Sport
| International Licensing | © Haymarket Media Group 2010