Wigan Athletic's Roberto Martinez
has flown to Miami to talk to the American owners of Liverpool
about the vacant manager's job at Anfield, Wigan chairman Dave
Whelan said on Thursday.
"Roberto is in Miami today and you can only assume what he's
gone there for," Whelan told the BBC.
"He is honest and up front and I expect to hear from him in
the next 48 hours.
"If he decides to go, which I hope he doesn't, I've got to
replace him as soon as possible."
The 38-year-old Martinez, who kept Wigan in the Premier
League with a late surge up the table, could succeed Kenny
Dalglish who was sacked by Liverpool last week after a
disappointing season in which they finished eighth.
Borussia Dortmund's Mario Gotze ruled out of Champions League final against Bayern Munich
Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini will leave the La Liga club at the end of the current season
Stoke City and manager Tony Pulis part company by mutual agreement after seven years
Andy Carroll pulls out of England's friendly internationals against Ireland and Brazil
Ten years on, the legends speak to FFT
Your questions answered by an A to Z of legends
He's here, he's there, he's...
The cost of Premier League away travel
Nike CR7 IX for you
FourFourTwo is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media & FourFourTwo is part of Haymarket Sport
| International Licensing | © Haymarket Media Group 2010