ABUJA - Suspended FIFA executive committee
member Amos Adamu is to make another appeal against his
three-year ban in the corruption scandal which marred the
contest to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
The Nigerian sports administrator lost his appeal last week
against a ban from all football-related activities for three years
plus a 10,000 Swiss franc ($10,450) fine and will now take his
case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne.
"I'm desperate to prove my innocence on these corruption
charges," Adamu said in a BBC interview on Monday. "I am not
desperate to be in either FIFA or the Confederation of African
Adamu was banned along with Oceania Football Confederaion
Reynald Temarii for allegedly offered to sell their votes in the
hosting contest to Sunday Times reporters posing as lobbyists
for an American consortium.
England striker puts pen to paper on permanent deal
The new season is but six weeks away (in the Football League)
"Get on the weights," says expert
It's all about the legacy, says Sepp
Who would you rather have playing for your club?
12 months out, the stars look to the World Cup
Your questions answered by an A to Z of legends
75% of all TV is Bale
On the road to ruin
Adidas Nitrocharge for you
FourFourTwo is brought to you by Haymarket Consumer Media & FourFourTwo is part of Haymarket Sport
| International Licensing | © Haymarket Media Group 2010