Ahn set for surprise Korea recall
SEOUL - South Korea's Ahn Jung-hwan, whose golden goal in 2002 knocked Italy out of the World Cup, could be in line for a surprise recall to the national team after coach Huh Jung-moo arranged to have him watched in China.

Attacking midfielder Ahn hit the headlines when he scored against Italy to put co-hosts South Korea into the quarter-finals of the 2002 World Cup, a goal that cost Ahn his job as his Italian club Perugia famously cancelled his contract.
Ahn, 34, now with Chinese side Dalian Shide, has won over 60 caps for the national team but last represented his country in June 2008.
"(Assistant coach) Jung (Hae-sung) will go to China to check on Ahn's condition," the Korean Football Association said in a statement.
Huh had previously said Ahn was still in his thoughts.
"The door is always open for him," he had said. "I will be keeping an eye on him."
South Korea have been drawn alongside Nigeria, Argentina and Greece in Group B for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, which starts on June 11.
Get FourFourTwo Newsletter
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.

Bizarre Jose Mourinho statement aims to pre-empt punishment after Fenerbahce boss clashes with Galatasaray counterpart

'Andy Robertson has a decision to make as a player, where you either roll your sleeves up and give someone great competition or you accept decisions and say that your time is done.' Alan Shearer on the conundrum facing Arne Slot's Liverpool