Alex Telles set to miss first month of new season

Manchester United defender Alex Telles is set to miss the start of the season, with boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer saying he expects the Brazilian’s ankle injury to rule him out for the whole of August.
Telles picked up the injury during pre-season training last week and Solskjaer had initially said the left-back would be “out for a few weeks”.
A further update from the Norwegian on Tuesday revealed Telles is likely to be unavailable for the first three games of United’s Premier League campaign, against Leeds at home on August 14, Southampton away eight days later and then Wolves away on August 29.
🗞 News on the fitness of @AT13Oficial from the boss 👇#MUFC— Manchester United (@ManUtd) July 27, 2021
Solskjaer said in quotes on United’s official website: “Unfortunately, it’s worse news on Alex Telles than we hoped for.
“His ankle injury is a little bit more severe than we hoped and he’ll be out for a little spell at least, the whole of August I would think.”
Get FourFourTwo Newsletter
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.

Bizarre Jose Mourinho statement aims to pre-empt punishment after Fenerbahce boss clashes with Galatasaray counterpart

'Andy Robertson has a decision to make as a player, where you either roll your sleeves up and give someone great competition or you accept decisions and say that your time is done.' Alan Shearer on the conundrum facing Arne Slot's Liverpool