Football rumours: Manchester United push to seal deal with Antony

What the papers say
Manchester United are ready to complete a deal with Ajax for 22-year-old forward Antony, after long-running negotiations. The paper reports personal terms have been agreed and the rest should be negotiated within the next week.
The Times reports Chelsea are confident they can secure 21-year-old Everton attacker Anthony Gordon this week. Two bids were rejected last week and it is reported a package valued at more than £50million will likely be agreed on.
The Daily Mirror says that Watford “will not entertain any bids” for 24-year-old forward Ismaila Starr and are planning to offer him a new contract following the collapse of his negotiations with Aston Villa.
The team are also yet to accept Newcastle’s £25m offer for 20-year-old forward Joao Pedro, with the Hornets pushing for a fee closer to £30m according to The Telegraph.
Social media round-up
Pedro Neto has been heavily linked with a move to Arsenal 👀✍️https://t.co/G0YieRIidk— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) August 22, 2022
Wolves enter talks for Stuttgart striker who Ralf Rangnick told not to join Man United #WWFChttps://t.co/eWEo6KEM43— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) August 22, 2022
Players to watch
Sergio Reguilon: Italian outlet Calciomercato says Lazio are considering a move for the 25-year-old Tottenham and Spain defender.
Serge Aurier: Nottingham Forest may sign the Ivory Coast defender, 29, who is a free agent following his release by Villarreal, according to the Express which cites Footmercato.
Get FourFourTwo Newsletter
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.

‘So many times when we played Manchester United, arguments would start before the first whistle had even blown – the players would try to kill each other with their eyes’ Former Arsenal star remembers famous Premier League rivalry

Bizarre Jose Mourinho statement aims to pre-empt punishment after Fenerbahce boss clashes with Galatasaray counterpart