Wales defender Taylor withdraws from squad

Wales defender Neil Taylor has withdrawn from the squad for the decisive Euro 2020 qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Hungary.
“Neil Taylor has withdrawn from the squad due to personal reasons,” said a tweet posted on the official Wales national team account.
The 43-times capped Aston Villa full-back started September’s Euro 2020 qualifying victory over Azerbaijan in Cardiff.
But the 30-year-old did not feature in last month’s 1-1 draws against Slovakia and Croatia and was not expected to start in Baku on Saturday.
Wales must win in Azerbaijan and at home to Hungary next Tuesday to keep alive hopes of automatic qualification for next summer’s European Championship finals.
Get FourFourTwo Newsletter
The best features, fun and footballing quizzes, straight to your inbox every week.
FourFourTwo was launched in 1994 on the back of a World Cup that England hadn’t even qualified for. It was an act of madness… but it somehow worked out. Our mission is to offer our intelligent, international audience access to the game’s biggest names, insightful analysis... and a bit of a giggle. We unashamedly love this game and we hope that our coverage reflects that.

‘Sir Alex told Van Persie to watch my goal back at Anfield for some shooting tips! It was a beautiful goal, though. It’s a shame that I didn’t do it more often’: Manchester United cult hero recalls stunning strike against Liverpool

‘So many times when we played Manchester United, arguments would start before the first whistle had even blown – the players would try to kill each other with their eyes’ Former Arsenal star remembers famous Premier League rivalry